Thursday, July 25, 2013

Between Rocks and Hard Places/ Desolation 5

And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
II Corinthians 12:9-10

I am in a very difficult spot; between the proverbial "rock and a hard place". 
Allow me to explain: After enduring a life threatening, extended illness that kept me out of work for more than 6 months I returned to work for about 4 months. I was so happy to return to a relatively healthy state of being with all it's busy-ness. Then the unthinkable happened... I injured my back.
So with a great deal of pain, two trips to the ER including another 2 day hospital stay over the last 6 weeks, I find myself unemployed, all my benefits terminated, no financial resources, and in need of surgery. There are so many questions swirling about - my mind  just has a great big cerebral "?", like the big question mark on the pole that grocery chain Trader Joe's employees carry about the store -and honestly, many tears of anguish, physical pain from my spinal injury, loss, and the realization that a chapter of my life is ending. 
A rock and a hard place.
But I have choices of what I allow in that space between rocks and the hard places. I can allow desolation to be a place of hopelessness and negativity (which are not thoughts from God but from the devil), or  I can realize that the place between the rocks and hard places is my Mt. Horeb, where both Elijah and Moses found renewal as they were stripped of all but His presence. It was at this desolate place that they thanked, worshipped and dwelled with Him. They were prepared for their greatest revival and exploits. New beginnings. Double portions. The knowledge that God has not forsaken or abandoned me, but has brought me here for times of intimacy and "FaceTime", just me and Him. My problem with being busy is that although I desire to keep Him first, and give the first fruits of my time to The Lord, I have a hard time keeping this commitment, and He is Jealous.
So I will treat this new season as a gift from God...I have no idea where I am going, but I know that He is with me, leading and guiding me, and He is God over everything, especially over my circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment