Thursday, April 18, 2013

(Ungodly) Thoughts About God 4

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8, 9

We live in a performance based, conditional world. We are bombarded with media that worships perfection. The influences from worldly sources can factor into our own belief processing and form suppositions -incorrect and ungodly ones- that adversely affect our relationship with our Heavenly Father.
Here are a few of them:

#1: "I am loved by God as long as I perform well."
Well, no! God loves us just the way we are, calling us with amazing love and grace. Diplomas, trophies, credentials, wealth, in and of themselves mean nothing.
"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because God first loved us." 1 John 4:16-19

#2: "God isn't interested in the small details of my life."
Wrong!   "And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Matthew 10:30, 31
It is beyond comprehension for the natural mind to realize that the same God who hangs every celestial body in the heavens and created the universe also has each of us on His mind, and knows our most intimate thoughts. He desires for us to have the faith of children, climb up onto His lap in prayer, and confide in Him. No concern of ours is too small to give over to Him.

#3: "God uses suffering and sicknesses to teach me a lesson."
Wrong again! "The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10  If God is the fountainhead of abundant life, than who is the one who brings illness, pain, lack, and suffering? That's right...the devil, who is a thief, accuser and deceiver. But I found that even in the midst of life threatening illness that God met me, took me to my future heavenly home for a quick tour, and sent seraphim to minister to me. In the depths and the heights I could feel God's love billowing over me.

#4: My life is mine to fix...I messed it up so I am the one who needs to fix it."
You can't. Broken can't repair broken.  But Jesus can, will, and does! He is the Restorer, hallelujah!
 "Fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. For the joy set before Him, He endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of God. Consider Him who endured such opposition from sinners so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

It is only when we cast all our cares on Jesus and totally surrender that such paradigms are overturned. Beloved,  remember that a steady diet of God's Word and getting frequent "facetime" with Him will give us a right perspective, and true knowledge of the Holy.

- Thanks to AJ Jones





No comments:

Post a Comment