Thursday, May 8, 2014

Meadows and Minefields

"Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; 
You make my lot secure. 
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; 
Surely I have a delightful inheritance." 
Psalm 16:5, 6 NIV

This is not our home; we are only passing through this world sojourning through this race we call "life" towards the finish line.

Some days and seasons are like a pleasant walk through a country meadow on a spring day.
Imagine 70 degrees, and in this meadow there are fragrant flowers blanketing its entirety.
You can walk with surety, just knowing that there are no holes to fall into and twist your ankle, nor rocks to stumble over.

But there are other days and seasons that feel like we are passing through minefields.
The path is difficult and treacherous, and there is the smell of battle and cordite (an explosive) that our spirits are sensing. There may be smoke so thick that we may not be able to see other brothers-in-arms, nor our Leader, and yet we must know deep in our hearts that we are not alone.

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace.In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” 
John 16:33 NIV

"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Psalm 23:1-3 NIV

Beloved, through meadows and minefields let us fix our gaze on Him alone, listen only to His voice, following Him,  believing with joy the report of the Lord! We will triumph ;our real reward lies on the other side of eternity and we shall be there sooner than we may realize!
Maranatha!



No comments:

Post a Comment