Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Margins and Balances

"Come near to God and he will come near to you." James 4:8a I've been working long days lately. The requirements of my vocation bring with it tremendous pressure to "hit the numbers", and 12-14 hours away from home are not unusual. I find myself longing for the Lord's presence, missing my time with Him, and I find myself asking for His forgiveness, and saying in the spirit to the Lord: "How long Lord, will you tarry? Where can I go right now to meet with you?" There is a tightrope we walk, the struggle for balance in life. We have various responsibilities, but there must be an order, priorities... I find that I must make Him first, keep Him first, draw near to Him... it is not God who drifts away, no, it is me; because He never changes. Life without His nearness, His presence, and His voice speaking to me is like food without spices on it- bland, tasteless, pointless-it has been said that "life without God is like an unsharpened pencil...there is no point to it." So today, in spite of the rigors of life, and outside demands, I will call on His name, call to Him as deep calls unto deep, and petition His Holy Spirit to rise up on the inside of me, that the Well would spring up, that I would never lose being lovesick for Jesus, my First and Greatest Love. Only He can satisfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment