Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chasing Wind

"Now godliness with contentment is great gain." 1 Timothy 6:6 We live in a culture where happiness and contentment are vainly pursued. All manner of activities are undertaken for the sake of happiness, the elusive acquisition of lasting contentment, but apart from abiding in Jesus, there is none! No place, no activity, no thing, will ever satisfy, yet such energy is expended with the same result that Solomon achieved- Chasing the wind. The greater the energy, the more frantic the search, the greater the hunger and thirst... but apart from relationship with our Father/Bridegroom, there is no last contentment and no real life, and from deep within the parched desert way down inside, the soul cries. "Whatever my eyes desired I did not keep from them. I did not withhold my heart from any pleasure, For my heart rejoiced in all my labor; And this was my reward from all my labor. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had done. And on the labor in which I had toiled; And indeed all was vanity and grasping for the wind. There was no profit under the sun." Ecclesiastes 2:10, 11 Where are you today, beloved? Have you found your one true love, or have you returned to Him? Cast aside everything that is a stumbling block, every idol, anything that diverts your time or attention from Him. Only He can ever satisfy the deepest longings of your heart...it's time to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment