Monday, December 17, 2012

Prosperity 201

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health,
 just as your soul prospers."
III John 1:2

There is a direct correlation between the condition of the soul and the condition of the other facets of our existence. I have read this scripture many times,  as many of us have, and I have a confession to make: there have been many times in my Christian life whereas I have shuddered deep inside upon reading these words-because of the poor and reprobate condition of the core of my being, my very soul. These words are a double edged sword; a soul that is well fed and familiar with the Holy Spirit is the guiding force of a life centered on our magnificent Obsession, Jesus,
but a soul that is broken down, and guided by a seared conscience and hardened heart is in desperate straits, and when in this place we cannot deny it.
Prosperity of soul can only come when we seek the sovereign LORD with all our heart-trust, 
it doesn't necessarily mean material wealth, but a type of prosperity where the knowledge of God's Word and His promises is in perfect synchronicity with our trusting Him, even when the world we live in is turned upside down and tremendous shakings are tearing the natural world asunder, and our every need is met.
So I pray for you, beloved, for the prospering of your soul, as you experience real life and abundance   found only in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment