Sunday, April 21, 2013

Hearing Aids/The Voice

"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand."

John 10:27, 28 

Recently because of a 60% hearing loss stemming from a life threatening illness this year, I got hearing aids. They are technological marvels, and a great help ( I guess that's why they are called "aids"!). After using them from the last month I have realized something crucially important: they amplify all sound, background noise, etc., not just that which is my focus, and the greatest "aid" is my ability to focus my senses on the source, that which I strive to hear and understand.

In the world we live in we are surrounded by a cacophony of noise, from countless sources, spiritual perhaps even more so than environmental.These 'noises" attempt to distract us and obscure the most essential of voices: the Shepherd's. He is constantly but quietly calling us, leading and guiding us. The Holy Spirit, the Ruach HaKodesh is our "hearing aid" .
His voice quietly cuts through the "white noise"calling to us as we must use our hearts and all of our senses we hear Him: "This is my Way...walk in it." 
Beloved, tune in today, listen intently to the Voice and follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment