Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Quest 312

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So my soul pants for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God?" Psalms 42:1, 2 

My days are spent in one of two modes: either I am in the presence of  my almighty Father/Abba, or I am in search of Him. The difference in the modes? My heart. Am I striving in my own strength, or resting in His? Am I looking at my circumstances at the moment, or am I gazing into His face as I sit in His lap. Am I feeling the palpitations of my own stessed out heart beat, or feeling the steadiness, love, and power of His?
"Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend to heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the dawn, If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea, Even there Your hand will lead me, And Your right hand will lay hold of me." Psalms 139:7-10 
So I choose the path that leads to the fullness of life. My quest is Jesus and all that He is.
The promise of abundant life-joy, a realization that He is right here with me, that His hands are holding me and guiding me. In the remotest parts of the earth and the remotest corners of my heart..."Let his left hand be under my head And his right hand embrace me." Shir HaShirim 2:6
Jesus said: "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:27
Beloved, my prayer is that the greater the search, the more fervent the quest and hunger for Jesus, the greater the presence and in dwelling of His fullness in us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment