Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Head Over Heels/Compulsion 311



"... that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:17-19

"We love Him because He first loved us."
I John 4:19

Recently I had an opportunity once again to share Jesus with a close relative.
The objections popped up over and over as my wife and I tried to explain why it is that we believe.
The usual questions arose: how can we know for sure there is a God?
How can God allow terrible things to happen to innocent people, what about aliens,
if there is a God how do you know we have the right "religion"?
"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." I Corinthians 2:14 
I was compelled in our discussions to keep coming back to my testimony and the very thing that won my heart and soul: that God loved me and knew everything about me even when I thought of myself as a lost cause, with a love so furious that He sent His only Son to bear the penalty I (we) deserved, making a way for me (us) out of hell and into eternity in heaven.
I was aware of all his questions, all his issues, because I was in the very same place, BC- before Christ- but every pre-BC paradigm has been overturned- "for the love of Christ compels me" (2 Cor.5:14a). It is my prayer for him, and for every other "pre-believer",  that they would be seized by the revelation of God's love, falling head over heels in love with the Ultimate Lover, and be compelled, drawn and driven, receiving all that God has for them.
Come quickly Lord Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment