Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Truth/Decisions 181

"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy."
I Peter 4:12, 13 

My goal is to always be real and transparent-truthful and honest-in my writing, and I consider myself a victor and an overcomer. But I would be less than truthful to say that my state of being is always '4 stars and 2 thumbs up".
So in this spirit of transparency I want to share a bit:

The truth is that I'm not always as farsighted, visionary, and joyful  as I'd like to be.
The truth is that sometimes I feel like Elijah- slaying my "enemies" and running in the spirit so powerfully that I overtake my better equipped adversaries, but then find myself shaking like a leaf and high-tailing it to some hiding place ( but not THE HIDING PLACE) inside myself, trying to flee pain, fear, and anxiety..
The truth is that sometimes it is downright hard to "rejoice to the extent I am partaking of my Messiah's sufferings", hard to deny my "self" , hard to see past the pain that takes my breath away.
The truth is that sometimes I can't get out of the way of my own sense of suffering, which is most noticeable when the words, "Thank You, Lord" , seem to be missing from my vocabulary.
The truth is that I am just a flawed and weak man.
The truth is that when I forget that there is a direct correlation between suffering and the certainty of what's coming when His glory is unveiled  I lose sight of the fact that joy and gladness trump trials and suffering.
The truth is that when the conscious decision is made to realize and understand that suffering in this life as a follower of Yeshua our Messiah cannot be viewed as strange or unusual; He never promised a rose garden, and even if He had we must understand that roses bushes have thorns.
A greater revelation comes when I consciously deny myself, and praise and thanksgiving flows from my heart in place of groans and tears.
Suffering is meant to be transitionary, and when it comes it should be a reminder of the future glory that every moment that passes brings us closer to the everlasting experiences that "eye has not seen, nor ear heard".


Beloved, remember that although we will deal with weakness and trials, it is God's will for us to walk in a strength not fueled in or of ourselves, but fueled by the greatest joy-the joy of the Lord.

For with God all things are possible.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
I Thessalonians 5:16-18 

No comments:

Post a Comment