Friday, January 17, 2014

Hold Your Position! #137

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." 
~1stLt. Clifton B. Cates, USMC
in Battle of Belleau Wood, 19 July 1918


I was speaking to a sister in the Lord that I encountered today. When I asked her how things were, she didn't just throw the smily Christian - "I'm blessed!" - veneer at me. Instead she was honest. "Things are a mess right now, and I feel like I am coming apart at the seams..." 
I replied to her, "I totally relate, but God will give us the strength to occupy until He returns." 
I was reminded of the above quote from Lt. Cates, at the legendary WWI Battle of Belleau Wood. There are times that I feel like I'm in a foxhole with Lt. Cates and my sister and I'm sure so many others. The enemy's barrages are bombarding us, as we fend off wave after wave of attacks. 
We may be bloodied and wounded, our ammunition getting scarce. 
Let us not forget who we are in Jesus, just who it is we serve!
God, Adonai Tz'va-ot, (Lord of Armies, literally) tells us : "Hold your position, do not give way to the enemy. Do not be dismayed or discouraged, I am your strength, sword and shield, mighty tower. 
Beloved , so the Lord says : Hold your position! 
Greater is He that is with us than he who is in the world., and He will NEVER leave us or forsake us.
He promised!

Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life. He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:12-14, 17, 20 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment