Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Water and Stone

There are times in our lives where we find ourselves in a desert. 
We may feel parched, dry, covered with the dust of our toil and struggles. 
Weary and  exhausted, we find ourselves spiritually panting for the refreshment of "mayim chaim"- living water.  
The revival and restoration that only the Ruach HaKodesh
the Holy Spirit, can bring: 
"As the deer pants for streams of water,
    so my soul pants for you, my God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.    
When can I go and meet with God?"
    
Psalm 42:1-2


It is times like these that we must go to the Rock:
"From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I."


The children of Israel sojourned in the desert and water poured from a rock as Moses followed the Lord's commands. To my spirit rock (stone) is a picture of strength, stability, and the basis of where renewal and revival emanates from.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:28-31


Lean on the Rock today beloved, and be restored as you soak in the mayim chaim.

No comments:

Post a Comment