Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Perfect Timing/ Faith or Experience 180

"We should battle through our moods, feelings, and emotions into absolute devotion to The Lord Jesus. We must break out of our own little world of experience into abandoned devotion to Him. Think who the New Covenant says Jesus Christ is! and then think of the despicable meager ness of the miserable faith we exhibit by saying, " I haven't had this experience or that experience"! Think what faith in Jesus Christ claims and provides- he can present us faultless before the throne of god, inexpressibly pure, absolutely righteous, and profoundly justified....How can anyone who is identified  with Jesus Christ suffer from doubt or fear! Our lives should be an absolute hymn of praise resulting from perfect, irrepressible, triumphant belief."
"Faith or Experience"
Oswald Chambers,
My Utmost For his Highest, November 13

Yesterday I did not get out of bed till 10:30.
To be honest I have had moody moments,
tough times of  roller coaster emotions as of late when selfish feelings have gotten the best of me.
But God's timing is always perfect for every reason.
Here is some of  the resulting prayer that I journaled:

"Father forgive me for allowing dryness and weariness to cover me instead of your glory, peace, and joy. There are times when I feel like disappointment and unfulfilled expectations overwhelm me and cause me to mope about like a spoiled child. Instead of rejoicing in your extravagant love, grace, and mercy, I've complained about small things. Forgive me when I've sat immobilized covered in the dust of doubts, fear, and faithlessness, even as you are before me, waiting for me to allow you to wash away these things. Help me, Lord, to step out out that sinking boat I've been sitting in, and walk where I didn't think possible because of thoughts that I was not gifted enough, holy enough, not worthy of your calling. Help me to hear your voice and embrace your words of love, tenderness, encouragement, affirmation, and grace."



No comments:

Post a Comment