Saturday, November 23, 2013

Fascinations 205

"Whatever fascinates us will guide us, so I pray that the only thing that will fascinate me is God and His marvelous glory."
~ AW Tozer

Fascination: A powerful attraction, something so overwhelming that everything else pales in comparison (my definition).
 I am fascinated, overwhelmed by the One who made me. Constantly fascinated by His love, His magnificence, and awestruck by Him.

"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."
Psalm 27:4 NIV

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God."
Psalm 42:1 NIV

I want to see my Father's glory,  to be awash in the radiance of all that He is.
I want to be overtaken by God's radiance, ignited as a tinder-dry forest is set ablaze.
Staying fascinated though means setting my face like flint, focused on Him.
To be honest it's not always that easy for me though.
Storms do come.
I cannot bow to distractions and pressures of this life, regardless of their origins.
The trials that come are not meant to discourage or distract, but rather to draw,
keeping me face to face with Him.
I don't want preoccupation with media, electronics (even my beloved Apple devices), sports,etc. to interfere with my Magnificent Obsession.
Nothing else is worthy of my devotion, my fascination with Him.
If I sound to you like an incurable lovesick fanatic I'm more than okay with that.
Like Tozer, I pray that the only thing that will fascinate me is God Himself-and His marvelous glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment