Friday, November 1, 2013

Reminders 204

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?"
Matthew 6:26, 27 NKJV

This week I received a reminder from my Father that no situation is unseen by Him, not even the smallest of needs. We have a 5 year old Civic that has metallic paint. It has 100,000+ miles on it, it has been a great car and to be sure my attention to taking good care has contributed to the great condition. In the last couple months though, I had noticed that the paint on the roof of the car has started to become chalky and faded rather suddenly. I wondered how this happened and begun to wonder if the previous owner had done  undisclosed, shoddy repair work. There was no record of it if this was the case, but it really bothered me. I began to think of how I was going to manage to get this refinished as money has been tight.
Two days ago I received a notice in the mail from Honda informing me of a factory defect in the paint finish of certain Civics - and ours was one of them! Next week the roof of the car is going to be repainted compliments of Honda, but really, compliments of a Father God who chose to do small thing to remind a son that He loves me and that He's totally got this handled-as well as every other need.

Prayer: Father forgive us for sometimes worrying and wondering about how our needs will be taken care of. Help us to jettison any poverty mentality clinging to us, and walk in our true identities as sons and daughters of the King of the Universe, AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment