Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Impact 27

 "Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled[a] among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught."
Luke 1:1-4

Luke, the non-Jewish physician companion of Paul, was the author of the most pages of the New Covenant(Testament), having penned one of the four Gospel accounts, and the Book of The Acts of the Apostles. The thing that stands out to me reading these opening verses to the third Gospel is how profoundly Luke was impacted by the life of Jesus. He was one of a number who had undertaken to "draw up an account", so that we would know with certainty about the Lord Jesus. The Holy Spirit so moved upon Luke, making it a mission for him to write what became a canonized Gospel account. He was an evangelist, driven by the Spirit of the Lord to share and teach the Good News. All else was of lesser concern and consequence- he had to tell people about Jesus.
I am embarrassed to say that although Jesus is on my mind day and night, and I desire to drink from His cup, and shine with His light, that I don't always take every opportunity I could to tell those I encounter about the "things that have been handed down to us". As I write this, I pray for the Lord's mercy and grace, and to have the ability to go forward in love and fulfill my responsibilities according to the Great Commission. Jesus is the Reason, for this and every season. Tell somebody today.

No comments:

Post a Comment