Sunday, December 26, 2010

Yes, Wise Men Still Do Seek Him

1 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of King Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem 2 and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him."
Matthew2:1-2


One thing I ask from the lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.
Psalm 27:4

My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek.
Psalm 27:8

Ever seen/heard the slogan: " Wise men still seek Him" ?
I'm not amazed that wise men and women still seek Him, rather, I'm amazed when people don't. The Bible says that fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, but as stated in Psalms 14 and 53, "The fool says in his heart, there is no God"
Jesus says : "Seek and you will find..."
I want to find Him, lay hold of all that He is, dwell in His Temple, and have Him dwell in mine. I want to walk with Him, run with Him, sit quietly before Him. I want to work out my salvation with fear and trembling, hide in the shelter of His wings, I want to be His Beloved, as He is mine. When I think about what "seek" means - this is my definition.

No comments:

Post a Comment