Monday, May 9, 2011

No Time For Religion 265

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
Isaiah 6:5

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God."
Psalm 42:1

I am done with religion...I don't want platitudes, fancy words, speeches with practiced delivery and diction, flashy power point presentations, preachers in $2000 suits, or stadium sized productions with slick bands and light shows. I don't want doctrines, liturgies, traditions of men, rules or regulations, or vain imaginations. No...
I want Jesus. I want to sit in His lap, eyes locked in a face-to-face embrace.
His Fire consuming me, burning out the ME, so there is only HE.
I want my jar filled with His oil, I want to be still and know that He is God,
I want to find myself worshipping in total abandon, surrendered to my Bridegroom/King/Abba.
Gone is fear of man, fearing and loving only the One who made me to love Him and Him alone.
I have been ruined for lesser things, and I count all things loss for the sake of knowing Him.
There is no contentment, no peace, no satisfaction, no happiness, no joy without Him.
The hunger and thirst in my spirit, intensifies just as gasoline fuels a blaze- the more I commune with Him, the more the veil gets pulled away, the more I desire only Him.
Beloved, seek and find Him; He's right there waiting for you to open the door.
Draw near to Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment