Sunday, May 15, 2011

Call Me Foolish

"Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. "
1 Cor.3:18-19

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important."
CS Lewis

But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.
1 Cor. 1:27

"We are fools for Christ's sake, but you are prudent in Christ; we are weak, but you are strong; you are distinguished, but we are without honor."
1 Cor.4:10

We must pray for the courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world." "We are fools for Christ's sake."
Justice Antonin Scalia, US Supreme Court


Call me a fool. I chose to be defined by that which the world calls "foolishness". I would like to listen in on the conversation between Stephen Hawking and his Creator when his eyes close for the last time,at the throne of judgement when he realizes all the intellectual theorems he spent his life contemplating were for nothing. I used to think I was so smart, but I had exchanged the truth of God for a lie- I worshipped created things rather than the Creator. There is a saying: "the world is your oyster" but without Jesus at the helm, the world is a cesspool... Without the Light and the Life this world is only this present darkness. So if I am scorned for my faith, I thank God for the courage and conviction to stand as I'm complimented by those who think they're insulting me.
Who are you a fool for?

No comments:

Post a Comment