Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

John 16:21
A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

Psalm 127:3
Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.

Proverbs 1:8-9
8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother: 9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.


"All that I am or hope to be I owe to my angel mother. I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."
- Abraham Lincoln

"The debt of gratitude we owe our mother and father goes forward, not backward. What we owe our parents is the bill presented to us by our children."
- Nancy Friday

"Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease."
- Lisa Alther

"The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom."
- Henry Ward Beecher

"Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love."
- Stevie Wonder

"My mother said to me, ""If you become a soldier you'll be a general; if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope."" Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso."

But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.
Luke 2:19

The role of the mother is perhaps the most important God-given role there is. Each of us, our foundations, our identities, much of who we are, is the result of our mothers pouring into us, impacting us in a great way. Some of us had grown up deprived of the presence and benefit of a mother, because of death, illnesses, etc., and the lack of having that maternal influence had a profound impact. The father is the protector and defender, but the mother nurtures, teaches, encourages, and loves in ways that are unique. There are many sacrifices made as a parent, but I believe that mothers bear a bigger cross. We are the product of our mother's hopes, dreams, and prayers... There must be no greater satisfaction for a mother than to see the fruition of her prayers.
Today if you still have the opportunity, thank and bless your mother today!

No comments:

Post a Comment