Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Searching

Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust. O my soul, you have said to the Lord, You are my Lord, My goodness is nothing apart from You. I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; My heart also instructs me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me; Because He is at my right hand I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; My flesh also will rest in hope. You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:1, 2, 7-9, 11 We spend a great deal of our time searching. Inside of every one of us is the desire to find satisfaction and contentment, and so we misguidedly use entertainment and other activities that keep us busy, filling up and taking up the time of our lives. But In His presence is fullness of joy... there is no where else that we can go, nothing else we can do, though, that will ever satisfy the longing like being in the presence of the Lord, as we put everything aside, tune out every distraction, just Him and each of us. Created for relationship with our Father/Bridegroom, this is not optional if we are to find real joy we must spend time with Him. I would suggest that perhaps it is time to consider how our time is budgeted. We have 24 hours a day in our "time bank account", how is it spent? If the Lord God is our first love, does He get our first consideration, do you get into His presence first? I will also suggest that if we fail to do this, it simply won't happen, as we get swept away in the activities of our day....this is an observation from my own life, so today beloved, search for Him with all your heart... you will find Him. "In His Presence is fullness of joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment