Friday, May 4, 2012

Back To Basics/ Garden Life

"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God."
Psalm 42:1

In the busy hustle and bustle of life, I find that there are so many things that compete for my time and attention. Some days I find myself frankly so tired that my morning devotional time is lost to sheer fatigue, and I pay a heavy price for not having face time with my Father.
As I find myself missing that critical element, my soul becoming so parched,
I feel myself desperately searching for the one thing, desiring to go to the one place,
the only thing that restores in my soul... fellowship with God.
I find myself longing to sit at my Master/Bridegroom/Father's feet, casting myself on His great love, grace, and mercy, I  desperately seek to apprehend the One who has apprehended me.
The length, width, depth, and heighth of His love, and how it washes over in billows is incomprehensible, inexplicable, and vital.
Made for this "garden life", I find there is no substitute...
So it's back to basics, yet again, abiding in Yeshua alone.
Beloved, satisfy the inner longing, that hunger that only Jesus can satisfy,
get that vital one-on-one with Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment