Sunday, May 13, 2012

Shades of Grace

"Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, That saved a wretch like me.... I once was lost but now am found, Was blind, but now, I see. T'was Grace that taught... my heart to fear. And Grace, my fears relieved. How precious did that Grace appear... the hour I first believed. "

 This morning as we sang Amazing Grace in our worship, the power of the Lord's truly amazing grace hit home to me, again. This grace causes both a fear of Him...and a calming, a relief from other fears, that He will deliver me from, at the same time. This fear, and His ever lovingkindness, causes me to repent from wickedness...how dare I abuse such grace, that I would willfully pursue desperate or dark things! Knowing that He would forgive me, nonetheless...how dare I grieve my Father/ My Bridegroom, who has lavished His love, mercy-and this amazing grace-on me? Is this any way to treat the One who loves me so furiously? So I am mindful of Him, I desire to move forward, to apprehend the One who has apprehended me, I am thankful for His grace, which draws me to stay faithful, and not to take undue advantage of such a forgiving and loving Father. His hurricane-force furious love causes us to want to respond in kind, how could we not? Today beloved, dwell on this Grace, and don't take it for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment