Monday, March 4, 2013

The Greatest of These (Abridged)

Love suffers long  and  is  kind to me when I don't deserve kindness, but judgement;
Love  does not envy me but rejoices in my success;
Love does not parade itself nor does it flaunt or agonizingly tease me in my downfalls or failures,
it is not puffed up nor does it behave rudely, even when every right to do so exists,
Love does not seek its own, is not provoked, love thinks no evil nor ever wishes me any harm;
Love does not rejoice in iniquity, but  rejoices in the truth;
Love bears all things, turning the other cheek to me,  in the face of offensive or wreckless behavior,
Love believes all things, and hopes continually for all things to my benefit and goodness,
Love endures all things even when I am thoughtless, causing pain and injury.
Love never fails. Love never fails. Love never fails.
Tongues, knowledge, prophecy....it will all fade away, and what will remain?
Faith, hope, love, these three stand ; but the greatest of these is love.
Lord, let me go and do likewise.
I Corinthians 13

No comments:

Post a Comment