Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tearing Off The Shrouds/Glory With The Bridegroom

There is magnificence and majesty that blazes in the heavens over us.
While we go about our everyday lives, this incredible event takes place at the throne room. This world, in spite of its beauty, cannot compare to what is taking place in the heavens.

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this.” Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under his wings. Day and night they never stop saying:

“Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,
who was, and is, and is to come.”
Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty‑four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne, and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say:
“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.” 
Rev. 4

In our experiences in this life we can accumulate debris, where we can become wrapped up in the ho-hum day to day living, forgetting to look up, shrouded in the cares and concerns of this world,  just as Lazarus' corpse was in its burial clothes. 
But  Jesus called to a dead Lazarus, penetrating the shrouding:

"When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The dead man came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face.
Jesus said to them, “Take off the grave clothes and let him go.” "
John 11:43-44

Jesus calls to us, desires to rip off these shrouds that impede us: Discouragement, depression, self-indulgence and selfishness, the cares and worries of this world, fleshly desires. These things and legions like them, keep us "down here",  but the Lord wants us to experience what the angels and the elders see. I want to see what they see!
Isaiah and Ezekiel were forever changed, ruined for lesser things:

"In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple." 
“Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” 
Isaiah 6:1, 5

I am not satisfied with the day to day drollness of life here, and sometimes it is really hard to push through difficulties, afflictions...I need to remember the words of Isaiah: "He gives rest to the weary..."
We are not made for this world, and I long to hear those words from the Lord, "Come up here, I have things to show you", or better yet, "your time there is over, well done good and faithful servant, enter into your rest, let me show you around your new home, as we head over to the throne room!"
This is not morbidness, and it is not death I long for; it's the beginning of real life, it's being united with the Bridegroom, and until He either comes for me, or I go to him, I will long for that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment