Saturday, January 14, 2012

Unchangeable

Though my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will receive me.
Psalm 27:10

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
never will I forsake you.”
Hebrews 13:5

I was watching our wedding video with some friends, filmed in 1988, last week.
In the video some folks that were good friends at the time sang the Michael W. Smith song, "Friends"... Friends are friends are friends forever ... We haven't seen or heard from any of them in many years though.
I would not have expected that to happen, at that time, but the truth is that human relational dynamics are uncertain and sketchy. The one certainty about people is that if we place our trust and hope in them alone we stand a great chance of being terribly let down.
People's attitudes change, they move geographically and emotionally-in each of our lives, they come and go.
But as for God...He never changes, His dynamics are love and we are always on His mind. The Scriptures tell us that even if our own earthly parents were to forsake us, that God will take us up, receive us with open arms.
Beloved, fix your eyes on Jesus, trust Him...you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment