Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Catalyst

"We love because He first loved us."
1 John 4:19


Tonight I came home to my girls watching a documentary on 20/20 about the existence of God, Heaven, and Hell. Barbara Walters was interviewing people of different faiths, cults, denominations, scientists, and atheists.
The thing that stood out to me most was two-fold: just how many people are dead men and women walking, and the realization that we are surrounded by lost people, and secondly, the primary reason that there are so many walking dead: a twisted and false view of the very nature of God, and all that entails. The Psalmist wrote twice: "The fool says in his heart: there is no God". 
I felt such sadness to hear some of the interviewed.
I was one of them. Until April 21, 1987, I was an atheist. 
The existence of Heaven, Hell, and my heavenly Father, were no less real, but I was blind, deaf, and dumb to the supernatural spiritual until I was slammed with God's perfect love for ME, demonstrated by the ultimate sacrifice of Jesus choosing to bear my punishment and death. It wasn't fear, condemnation, a sense of wrong doing, or anything else that led me to Him, other than me finally being impacted by the furious love of the Father for me demonstrated by Him paying the tremendous price of making a way for my salvation-Yeshua's very life.
Jesus said, " In my Father's house there are many rooms (mansions) ...I go to prepare a place for you...if it were not so I would've told you.."
John 14:2


Jesus' words, and the words of the Lord in the Scriptures are trustworthy and true. His furious love for me-for us-burns with a lover's  jealousy, burning with a white hot intensity like phosphorus... the single use Hebrew term "Shalhevet Yah" comes to mind..it cannot be extinguished.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment