Monday, July 2, 2012

Breakthrough

Make a curtain of blue, purple and scarlet yarn and finely twisted linen, with cherubim woven into it by a skilled worker.
32 Hang it with gold hooks on four posts of acacia wood overlaid with gold and standing on four silver bases. 
33 Hang the curtain from the clasps and place the ark of the covenant law behind the curtain. The curtain will separate the Holy Place from the Most Holy Place. 



What does  "breakthrough" mean to you? 
To me "breakthrough" meaning tearing through the thing that is holding me back, slicing through the curtain that separates me from the place I need to get to, the place I belong.

That place has only one entry point, and there is a barrier, sometimes many barriers, and just like the angels with flashing swords barred Adam and Eve from Eden, my thoughts, and deeds tainted by worldliness, or lack of focus can put on on the wrong side of the veil
Just like Adam caused his own separation , the barrier preventing my breakthrough is most often myself- my selfishness, my discontent, my fleshly thought and desires...


 And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, he gave up his spirit.
51 At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. 
Matthew 27:50b-51a



Jesus is the breakthrough to abundant life, for all those who earnestly and hungrily seek after Him...the revelation of the true knowledge of all that He is shatters prison walls, tears apart veils, opens blind eyes and deaf ears, He tears down every vain and empty thought we battle with, heals our wounds, and much more than can be written...
Beloved, seek after Him, advance forcefully, a breakthrough awaits!


No comments:

Post a Comment