Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19 217

"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: 
they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, 
upon them the light has shined. 
For You have broken the yoke of his burden, 
and the staff of his shoulder, 
the rod of his oppressor, 
as in the day of Midian." 
Isaiah 9:2, 4 

There are dates in each of our lives that are significant and special.
We celebrate birthdays and anniversaries;
there also are dates of remembrance that stand out for a variety of reasons.
July 19 is just such a date for me.
It was a day when the Lord shattered the chains that bound me,
a day when I was awakened from a spiritual coma.
It was a day that came so suddenly, delivering me from slavery and darkness,
without expectation, with such power that even years later I find it difficult to illucidate.
Isn't that just like our God?
Never early, never late, His timing is perfection, 11:59 is always the right time.
I feel a great responsibility to treat others the same way my Father treated me even in a degenerate prodigal state...that He never stopped loving me, even at my worst.
He saw Kingdom promises in me, calling things that were not as they would become in a renewed state.
We have all been forgiven huge debts and loved unconditionally by my Father and ultimately my Bridegroom?
Much is required, beloved, of those whom much has been forgiven-US.

No comments:

Post a Comment