Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Presumptions



"So is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty, 
but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 
Isaiah 55:11 


I have been writing this devotional for almost two years,  the genesis and origin is quite simple: The Lord told me to. I responded initially by saying, "But Lord, I'm not a writer! In fact I don't know what I am, or what my calling is!"  The Lord responded by telling me: " Just write what I tell you to write, do what I tell you to do, say what I want you to say."
I was obedient, but over this time I have struggled with occasional bouts of pride, (like I have anything to do with this work) which the Lord promptly has dealt with, but my real struggle has been  with the issue of presumption. I have wondered, "Does anyone really read this blog? Is it impacting anyone? Why should I even bother posting it, or sending this post to this person, or that person?" I must confess that sometimes I have not been obedient and have second guessed -presumptuously and incorrectly if anyone is out there, is anyone impacted? It is a matter of trust; when divinely instructed, we must trust the Lord with all our hearts, persevere and do what we are supposed to be doing and do not listen to the whispers of the enemy who wants to discourage, kill, steal, and destroy.
I say these things as both a confession and an encouragement ;  do not shrink back or make presumptions. We sometimes just don't have any idea just how much our efforts are impacting others, or who they are impacting, so keep your "hands on the plow, and don't look back" (Luke 9:62 paraphrase).

"It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.”With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, 
Therefore we do not lose heart. 
Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
2 Corinthians 4:13, 16, 18 


No comments:

Post a Comment