Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Secret To Rest 214

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

Stress and anxiety are two of the biggest contributors to poor health,
I dare say even killers in this world we live in.
Without a real understanding of Jesus, and what He nailed to the cross, the promises we have as children of God can be lost in translation, hopelessness, and unbelief.
The key of this passage is our need to come to him ...when we are exhausted from our struggles of trying to make it on our own, so burdened down with sin, unforgiveness, anger, jealousy , stuck in the quick sands of life, He alone gives us- He alone can give us the rest, the shalom, the joy that we need.
When we find this holy rest, casting off our burdens for His easy yoke, we come into a new place where we can learn from the greatest rabbi/teachers ever: Jesus and the Holy Spirit. To know Jesus is to know God our Abba Father, and these revelation does not come until we take on  Jesus' yoke, and daily pick up our own crosses.
Today beloved, jettison your burdens, and learn from Jesus: He is the secret of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment