Monday, October 29, 2012

The Power of Weakness 291


"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me."
2 Cor. 12:9

A tremendous storm, the result of a combining of 2 storm systems, was bearing down on the eastern seaboard of the US. We had family there, my daughter and her family, as well as brothers and sisters  in Jesus. This storm was being billed as the "storm of a lifetime", and had the potential to cause great damage and loss of life, these predictions based on natural meteorological assumptions, and discount what the God of the universe is capable of. 
When a furious storm arose on the  Sea of Galilee, his disciples who were so afraid and not understanding yet of the sovereign power of Jesus, the Son of God on whom the Father had bestowed all His authority, cried out for deliverance because they ran out of options!
I am sure they tried rowing, changed  the sails,  but finally in their weakness they called on the anme of the LORD.
There are so many situations in our lives, natural and supernatural, where we cry out to the Lord in our weaknesses when His power is perfected in our manifold weaknesses-grace.  
I am reminded by the words of the Messiah: “I am the vine; you are the branches. 
If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. "
John 15:5. 
Beloved, let our first response, not our last, be to call on Jesus in every situation, not relying on our own resources or strengths. He calms every storm, brings us through tumultuous trials;
He is the solid ground, the Rock, we must be built upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment