Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Coming Out The Other Side 190

"In all this greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.  These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. "
1 Peter 1:6, 7

"Then King Nebuchadnezzar leaped to his feet in amazement and asked his advisers, “Weren’t there three men that we tied up and threw into the fire?” They replied, “Certainly, Your Majesty.”    He said, “Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods.” "
Daniel 3:24, 25

February 1 is a milestone for me, as I returned to my "day job",
6 months and 1 day after I was hospitalized and almost died.
 I am here though, to testify of the goodness of the Lord.
Yes, there was travail, pain, tears, losses, but there were relationships revived,
spiritual gains for many,  encouragement that came from my friends and family,
amazing provision and love shown to me and my family.
Through all of this ordeal I never was depressed, rather,
I was joyful at the goodness of the Lord, and how He drew me closer,
and closer still.
In His presence is fullness of joy!
My Abba's tenderness and furious love was so evident in spite of what could've been taken as a dark time. I was pressed down, but not abandoned or destroyed!
Beloved, we are never alone; God is always with us, especially in the fire,
just as Jesus was in the furnace with Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego.
As I continue down the road of recovery, I know that I do not travel alone.  It is with the knowledge that God is with me, with those who seek Him, a very present help in the best of times and troublesome times alike.


"The Sovereign  Lord  is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, 
he enables me to tread on the heights.
Habakkuk 3:19 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment