Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Refuge 195

"I will say of the  Lord ,  “He is  my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” 
For He shall give His angels charge over you, To keep you in all your ways. 
In  their  hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone. 
“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; 
I will set him on high, because he has  known My name. 
He shall  call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; 
I will deliver him and honor him."
Psalms 91:2, 11, 12, 14, 15

Today I was discussing with a friend some of my testimonies regarding close calls,
situations where I was sheltered from impending serious injury and disasters.
There were 3 bicycle accidents where I was thrown over the handlebars,
one of which was late at night on a drawbridge 40 feet above Biscayne Bay.
I was not wearing a helmet in any of these, I could've broken my neck or other bones, got a concussion or worse. Just a few scrapes and scratches.
I had a motorcycle accident where I car turned right in front of me,
3 serious car accidents, 2 involving pick up trucks, 1 with a big delivery truck while I was driving a small Datsun (Nissan) car, and yet I was protected. He delivered me yet again from a near accident involving a gasoline tanker that jack knifed on a wet highway that had been right next to me only seconds before, shortly after I was born again...Hallelujah!
There have been many other close calls, too many to count.
The Lord has been my refuge and my shelter, and He is yours too.
Beloved, look back at your life,  recount with joy the goodness of the Lord, and give thanks always.
A mighty fortress is our God!

"Be strong and of good courage,  do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the  Lord  your God,  
He  is  the One who goes with you.  He will not leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment