Saturday, October 16, 2010

Absence from anxiety

Phil.4:12b-13
 I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Phil.3:1 
 Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things to you again, and it is a safeguard for you.

Phil. 4:4-7
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

The Apostle Paul, (aka Rabbi Shaul), penned Philippians while he was in prison! This never fails to amaze me; he did not write about poor prison conditions or his sadness, nor did he complain about anything!
The Scriptures tell us: The Joy of the Lord is our Strength...Paul exhorts us repeatedly, to rejoice in the Lord...why? WE CAN DO EVERYTHING THROUGH HIM WHO GIVES US STRENGTH!

Today go forward knowing the secret of contentment, REJOICE IN THE LORD

 

No comments:

Post a Comment