Friday, October 22, 2010

Remembering My Father 281

His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me.
Song of Solomon 8:3

October 22, is the anniversary of my father's death.
We were returning from Israel that day, and he died before we could make it to his bedside. My father was in the restaurant business, and was well known in the Miami Beach area for decades, he loved his career and worked a lot, at the expense of lost time with me and my siblings. I have some fond memories of my dad, and in my mind the scent of his cologne, being carried in his arms when I fell asleep on the floor is still fresh in my mind 45+ years later, and his unabashed and open affection for me! Always declaring his love for me and showering me with moustached kisses, which I still miss, even long for.
I am unsure as to my father's final status with regard to salvation, although I'm hopeful, as we had conversations. My dad's love was just a speck of what our Abba's extravagant love for us is!
The very thing that sustains me, makes me lovesick ...His all consuming fire that burns, cleanses, restores, pushes me onward in this Race.
See you soon Dad, rest easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment