Saturday, November 6, 2010

Capturing Thoughts 275

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things."
Phil4:6-8

A friend asked me, " How can I keep my thought life pure, and avoid negative or dangerous thoughts?" The mind is the battleground where many wars have been started - and ended.
God's Word is a lamp that illuminates our hearts and lives when utilized- no darkness can withstand its radiance. The Psalmist said, "I have hidden God's Word in my heart that I might not sin against you" Psalm 119:11
As we go about our daily lives, let's remember verse 8- dwell on these things.
The Lord told Moses, "See, I set before you a way of life, and a way of death, therefore choose life."

No comments:

Post a Comment