Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks- recounting the Miracles

I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
Psalm 27:13

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever!
Psalm 118:1

Today is Thanksgiving Day, as I drink my coffee, I am reminded of the bountiful goodness that surrounds me, and more miracles than I can count! I am thankful even that I have a hot delicious cup of coffee to drink, in a warm comfortable home, with cupboards that are well stocked, closets with plenty of clothing, on spacious property, in a safe neighborhood, in a free state and country where we can express our views openly without fear of reprisal. I am thankful for rich relationships, many friends, & wonderful family. I am thankful for the news we just received that we will be grand parents again in June!
I remember the history of our founding fathers, the faith they had, their convictions, their hardships, their losses, and the amazing deliverance and blessings as they forged forward with their eyes, hearts, and minds fixed on Jesus, the Author and Perfector of their faith - and ours.
Life by necessity has ups and downs, trials and tribulations. The hard lessons are generally the lessons that are best remembered, and where we grow the most.
Be thankful everyday, do not despair, God is our ever present help in times of trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment