Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Victim or Victor?

"My people are exiled for a lack of knowledge'
Is.5:13a

Once we are saved and our heavenly destination is secure, the work of satan to confound, rob, steal, kill, & destroy is not over. The devil wants to deceive the Church into not knowing who we are, stealing our inheritance. But the devil can only go and exercise authority in areas where we are ignorant! The Lord's plans for us are good, but not without storms and trials. At this writing I am weathering some difficult things. God never promised us a rose garden, and even if he did, roses have thorns. Some years ago scientists had experimented with enclosed environments- biosheres- where trees had been planted, free of any winds or the effects of outside forces. The trees would grow to a certain height and suddenly without explanation just fall over! Upon close examination it was discovered that the trees actually had a weak root system because without resistance that was caused by wind buffeting the trees back and forth, the trees did not put down deep and strong roots. When the first bit of imbalance/outside stress was placed on the tree it came crashing down.
So as I go through my various trials (light and momentary to be sure) I'll remember that God is working out these things for my good (Romans 8;28).
Today I will choose to be a Victor- not a victim- and not allow the devil any authority over my life.
Do likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment