Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Stooping Down to Conquer 278

As I worshipped the Lord this morning, the awesomeness of the relationship that exists between God the Father and we-His children-impacted me again. What a vastly inequitable exchange:
How and why does the Creator of all things in the universe, who has the earth as a footstool, want to be in fellowship with me, a speck of prodigal, baggage laden dust, flawed and fallen?
How can He love me so much that He provided His beloved and only Son to die an excrutiatingly painful death - so that I wouldn't have to, and I can be with Him forever?
Who among us could give up a child of our own as a ransom for others,
 especially those who hate and despise us?
I don't know the reason, but I take Him at His Word- the Bible says that we can love,
because He loved us first! For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son... Wow!
This question is definitely on my short list for when I see Him.
God stoops down to conquer, stepping out of space and eternity into the flash of time that is our lifespan and rescues ... I am in total awe today as I live, move, and have my being infused with Jesus-driven purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment