Monday, November 15, 2010

Least or greatest

At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” He called a little child and had him stand among them.
And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
“And whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me.
Matt. 18:1-5

In this passage, Jesus is sharing another inside-out spiritual reality. It is not worldly knowledge, position, or power that places us in a position of prominence in heaven, it is humility- Being "poor in spirit"- not having worldly pride- and taking Jesus at His word.
I choose to take Him at His word, because I have learned that the sum total of all my striving, everything and anything that I would otherwise think that I have accomplished in this life is nothing. It is not I what have accomplished that matters, but what Jesus has already done at Calvary, and it is more than enough.

"I remember that You love me,
I remember that I love you;
This is who I am-this is my identity
(and it's enough for me)"

-Jon Thurlow and worship team that I heard this morning, IHOP-KC Prayer Room, Nov.15, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment