Thursday, April 19, 2012

He Promises

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?
The words I say to you are not just my own.
Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.
I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing.
He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.
You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

“If you love me, you will obey what I command.

John 14:10-15

Sometimes faith becomes weak. Perhaps we only look at the natural empirical evidence of what the circumstances appear to be. We can be overtaken with worries and fear, where our response (to praise God, who is more than able to deliver!) is impeded.
In this place Jesus asks, as He had asked Peter: "Do you love me?
To which the response comes..."Lord, you know I love you...", and part of His response is the above passage.
He is the God of miracles.
He has all authority.
He has given it to us to glorify the Father.
Greater things than these are we able to do.
We have only to love Him, obey Him, keep our gazes locked on His, with faith like a child.
Beloved, Love Him, and take Him at His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment