Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Good Kind Of Poverty

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:3

As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?
Psalm 42:1, 2

I need the Lord in my life desperately. Without His Holy Spirit is indwelling Me, rising up inside me, filling and refilling me, there is only emptiness, hunger, arid. I am desperately poor and I know it. My most important and essential activities that feed my soul: reading and meditating on the Word, spending time with my Abba, striving to be wrapped in a lover's embrace with a locked gaze on Jesus alone, are never enough. Only He can satisfy, His love is better than wine, and without His presence there is no real joy, no contentment. Those who are poor in spirit are acutely aware of their need and where the only real Life comes from, and they must pursue it, relentlessly persevering and reaching ahead to apprehend the fullness that comes from abiding in Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment