Wednesday, April 4, 2012

If 293

If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever– the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”
Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

John 14:15-17, 22

"Peter, do you love me?"

Like Peter, I can hear the Lord saying to me: Do you love me?
Then get out of your comfort zone, follow my commandments,
obey my teachings, feed my sheep, love your brothers and sisters.
When we truly love the Lord, a rule book is not needed because heaven's laws are written on our hearts. Everything we do is directed out of love for the beloved, the object of our affection, and so it is with Jesus. We are to live directed by love, not fear of breaking rules. Jesus said that the total of all the Laws and the Prophets hangs on the commandments to love God and our neighbors furiously, the way He did-and still does.
There are many around us today who are dead in their sins even though they walk- dead men walking- we are to take advantage of these "Godincendences" and share His love and our testimonies with them, just as Jesus did, just as we did when we fell in love with our "First Love", when we couldn't stop talking about Him.
So today beloved, remember who you are, who your First Love is...pay attention to divine appointments...
How beautiful are the feet of those who share the Good News...

No comments:

Post a Comment