Saturday, February 12, 2011

I Will Follow

 "16 As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 18 At once they left their nets and followed him.
 19 When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. 20 Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him."
Mark 1:16-20

"without delay He called them ...and they left their father...and followed Him. ...Jesus called James and John without delay, and they responded to His call. They didn't say, "hang on a sec, I'm too busy with my job, my hectic life," or "that God stuff is boring, I want to have fun, you cramp my style" ...they were looking for the Messiah, they understood their need, and responded, dropping everything, to follow Him. He is the same, yesterday, today, and forever...And He is calling us to follow Him, moment by moment, choice by choice, day by day. Your friends are going to that new movie, but the only problem is it's rated R, do you listen to your friends, and say, "Sorry Jesus" or follow Him? The coworkers are telling dirty jokes, or going out for drinks and clubbing after work... will you follow them, or Him?
COME, FOLLOW ME...His beckoning and example is the Light that guides us down the narrow path. To follow Him means not to turn to the left or right, which is fraught with pitfalls, snares, and disaster. To follow Him to to successfully navigate the minefields of life, as He whispers, "This is my way, walk in it", and by imitating Him - obeying the First and Second commandments - we cause others to do the same, who are provoked to jealousy as they see biblical Christianity- pure and real love, actions shouting louder than words.
Follow Him today.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the good Words Hugh, I can't stomach
    (No pun intended)the TV preachers while I'm in the hospital

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be healed totally...restoration and renewal to you in JESUS NAME

    ReplyDelete