Monday, March 7, 2011

Power 270

"For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."
Hebrews 4:12

After many years of being a believer, I'm always amazed how the power of God's Holy Scriptures, and how the impact and meaning of the Word, can affect one so differently depending on the situation and timing. "It judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart...it is as if the divine word somehow in a supernatural mechanism that our natural minds cannot begin to fathom, has a way of discerning what is in our hearts. My born-again-again experience, and the brokenness that caused it was a direct result of my Father's voice speaking through His Word, knowing exactly what was required at that moment. I don't know understand this divine mechanism, but I am grateful. Although I do read some other books, I am a one-book man, I only need the Bible, and I never ceased to be amazed by the breathtaking power that is contained in its pages.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 40:7 (New King James Version)

    7 Then I said, “Behold, I come;
    In the scroll of the book it is written of me.

    ReplyDelete