Sunday, March 27, 2011

War & Peace

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
Gal.5:16-18

" 21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
Romans 7:21-25

We are at war with ourselves! Two primary facets of who and what we are - body and spirit- are diametrically opposed, and no one is exempt from this ongoing battle. Even the Apostle Paul wrote about his dealings with this struggle. I am reminded today- a person cannot heap burning coals into his lap, and not be burned. The Word reads- Resist the devil and he will flee.
So resist today. Do not try to reason with darkness and rationalize evil. Walk in the spirit and not in the flesh. Christ crucified is the goal, He is our beacon in a dark world, and we are His reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment