Monday, March 28, 2011

Not Sinking 259

My Hope Is Built on Nothing Less
By Edward Mote

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteous;
No merit of my own I claim
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace;
In every high and story gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
His oath, his covenant, his blood
Sustain me in the raging flood;
When all supports are washed away,
He then is all my hope and stay.
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When he shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in him be found,
Clothed in his righteousness alone,
Redeemed to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:6-7

Jesus Christ, the Rock, is where I choose to put all my hope, faith, trust, and adoration.
He alone will anchor me, as everything that can be shaken shakes, as the perfect storm approaches.
I won't trust in man, money, governments, or any other manmade thing.
Everything else is like sinking sand; it will not stand.
It has been said , "I never knew that Jesus was all I needed until He was all I had."
He is that lighthouse that shines when all else is stormy and dark, strength increasing when I am weak, His love is better than wine, when my self worth and esteem feels low, I realize He values me as priceless , so highly prized that I (we are) am His reward. He is with me, right now, always, and will be in the age to come.
Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so!
On Christ the solid Rock I stand...all else is sinking sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment