Monday, March 14, 2011

Easy 151

28“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

Lord, there is nothing more I desire than to take your light and easy yoke. Yokes are generally devices that shackle, burden, and enslave, but your yoke actually buoys me up, pulling me out of the filth and pollution this world bathes me in, and sometimes, what I wade into. I desire the rest for my soul that only you can give, I long to sit at your feet and absorb everything that you are. Revive me Lord, nothing I desire compares to you. Your Love is better than wine; only you can satisfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment