Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Five Hundred 225

“By perseverance the snail reached the ark.”
― Charles H. Spurgeon

This post is number 500, my five hundredth since I was given this assignment to start writing by my Father.
This personal lesson has been all about perserverance and endurance.
It is hard for me to believe that I have come this far, and if at the beginning, October 2010, if He would've told me I'd still be at it, I would've questioned that statement.
Vince Lombardi said, "Once a person gets used to quitting it becomes a habit."
The farther I go into this journey pursuing the task I have been given the more that is revealed to me, mostly about myself-my own heart, and also about the heart of the Lord.
It has always been too easy, too convenient, for me to just "throw in the towel" when things get tough, or I am in an uncomfortable place.
On a recent day that I felt weak and tired- incapable of going forward with this blog, I asked my Dad, "why should I continue? It takes time, energy, and what's the point?"
Immediately I heard the response in my spirit from Him: "Hugh, I know your heart, every detail, strength and weakness, and I desire to show you what you are capable of as you move forward in obedience to me! Why do you think I directed you to do this? I assigned you to this task to show you that you can persevere, finishing what you started, with divine direction and help."
The Lord knows us intimately, and sees what is possible, even when we doubt ourselves and our abilities, when we only see ashes... He sees the completed work and the fullness of His plans for each of us.

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23, 24


He began a good work in us and He is faithful to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment